THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Change in venue

WOW--today (October 5, 2011) is the first time in over two years that I haven't had a column in the Leaf Chronicle.  I never really had a chance to thank the Leaf and it's wonderful staff for the help and support they gave me during my Pet People tenure --so THANK YOU LEAF CHRONICLE--for everything!
Soooooo, No article in print anymore.  But thats OK--I really don't think print media is going to survive the next decade. But still, I am old fashioned, and not having an article in kindda made me sad.    It has been a part of my weekly routine that I have had to slowly give up over the past couple of months as we were closing on the new house and preparing to move.
Yes---not writing for the paper has freed me up abit. No more deadlines, no more re-writes no more calling and emailing to get pictures and info, and fretting over spelling and phrasing or erasing part of a story and starting over because I didn't like the "direction" I was ending up in.
No more "grammer -ectomys" at the last minute. 
Yep folks, writing 500 words is a hard job at times. Because I always wanted each one of those words to convey a message to you that ANIMALS NEED OUR HELP!!!  From the reaction I got from some of those articles, I think the re-writes and the last minutes surgerys did their job.
With the blog, I can post at my leisure. But I also have no editor (like the great Chris Smith) to look over my jumble and straighten out my spelling, wording, etc. So if you see a few klunkers in these words--just remember--spell check only does so much!LOL
So today the blog is the official source of all things Dogwood. Tell your friends--tell your enemies-- they are all welcome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment