THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Thursday, October 27, 2011

BUDDY RABBIT ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictured Top: HANK (AKA Buddy Rabbit) as he is today--all grown up

As most of you know, Dogwood was a foster home for the Humane Society, Cats Are Us, and the Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter. My last foster, Buddy Rabbit, was rescued from Animal Control thru "Friends" and stayed with us thru the month of June 2011.
He was supposed to go by transport, but a horrible case of kennel cough knocked that idea in the head. By the time he healed up and was ready for a forever home, Buddy Rabbit was taken to an adoption event where a little boy fell in love with him and he was adopted the very same day.
BUTTTTTTT, the family moved about a month later, and they decided not to take Buddy Rabbit with them. So he came back to "Friends". Though I was not happy when I got the news, I was overjoyed that at least the family didn't dump him at the pound and surrendered him back to the rescue as the adoption agreement states.
So Buddy Rabbit (who was back to his original "Friends" name of record: HANK) spent a little time with the rescue before he was adopted again.
BUUUUTTTTTTT, the poor mother of the family he entered was soon diagnosed with MS, forcing the family to do a re-think. It was very sad, as they truly loved Buddy Rabbit. But a serious illness in a family does not leave much time for an active ten month old pup. So, Buddy Rabbit packed his bags and now reside back with Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter at their Kraft Street facility.
I commend this rescue for one: keeping an eye on it's adopted animals and two: being gracious enough to keep me (the former foster Daddy and complete worry wart) in the loop on Buddy Rabbit AKA HANK's progress.
Buddy Rabbit is one of the sweetest animals in the world, and he deserves a break!!!!!!!!
We saved him from death at Animal Control, and he's had a foster home, and TWO failed adoptions. THIS IS NO FAULT OF BUDDY RABBITS. This is just CRAPPY LUCK!!
BUT--the luck finally changed yesterday when a adopter drove all the way down from Kentucky to meet the Buddy Rabbit. She didn't go home empty handed.
BUDDY RABBIT WAS ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pee pee -happy dance)
He has waited very patiently for his place in the world to open up and I pray that this is finally it.
Though we LOVED him at Dogwood, four is our limit. I have prayed and prayed over this, asking God to either find my little Buddy Rabbit a good home, or help me find a way to adopt him myself without turnig our already fragile world upside down. It's been a hard wait, but I knew God would ot let either of us down. If I had gotten cocky and ran over to Clarksville and got him , I probably would have caused problems that would have not only made Buddy Rabbit unhappy--but the rest of my four legged felons as well. Besides that, Better Half would put me out permanently.
As he was once my foster child, and he owns a piece of our heart, I am so glad that he appears to have found a LOVING, CARING, SAFE home.
I ask that you please say a prayer for Buddy Rabbit (HANK), that this home will be what we wanted theother two he previous visited to be: a FOREVER home. I believe with all my heart that this little guy has a HUGE mission in his life, and that he is just getting started.
My undying thanks and gratitude to Friends of the Shelter for their dedication, their loyalty, and for their kindness in keeping me informed about our former fur child.
God Speed Buddy Rabbit--I love you!!!!!!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment