THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Tuesday, August 30, 2011

SAVANNAH SAVED--BUT STILL NEEDS YOUR HELP!!!

German Shepherd Dog: An adoptable dog in Clarksville, TN







Medium • Adult • Female
Savannah is a 5 year old black and tan German Shepherd who weighs 40 pounds. She is a sweet and gentle girl who appears to have had puppies recently. She is a precious girl!


LAST WEEKS ADOPTABLE CANINE at Clarksville Animal Control, SAVANNAH, was pulled by the CLARKSVILLE HUMANE SOCIETY when lovely STEPHANIE GEEWAX stepped forward to VOLUNTEER as a FOSTER PARENT! (GOD BLESS YOU GIRL!)
Though SAVANNAH is safe, and out of the pound, she tested HEARTWORM POSITIVE and will require treatment. Heartworm treatment can be VERY expensive, so ANY donation you can make to the HUMANE SOCIETY would be wonderful.
I make the same challenge I always do--I challenge everyone to donate FIVE DOLLARS. If we spread the word, and we get enough people to donate --WE CAN SAVE THE WORLD --FIVE DOLLARS AT A TIME!
You can use the PAYPAL button on the  Humane Society of Clarksville/Montgomery County website UNDER THE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES TAB at http://clarksvillehumanesociety.org/
NOTATE YOUR DONATION FOR SAVANNAH!!!!!!!!
Or you can mail it to or drop it off  at:

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 571


Admin Office: 940 Tennessee Ave.

(blue building behind Riverside Dr. Arby's)

Clarksville, TN 37041

Phone: (931) 648-8042

PLEASE HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL GET WELL!!!!!!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. I will send $$$ <3 charlsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will send some $$$ too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you both! Spread the word! Let's get this baby treated, loved up, and ADOPTED!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone. Savannah is getting much better and is such a huge part of my life. I don't know how I ever lived without her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all, checking back in.

    Savannah is still alive and well. Turns out she was a lot younger than they originally though, with vets currently placing her at about eight years of age.

    She's still a working dog and lives a rather pampered 9-5 routine in an office building in sunny South Florida.

    Her hips are getting sore and she's due to retire soon, but she still runs around and tells her younger stepbrother what to do.

    She is still -and will always be- the love of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, one more thing- she is HEARTWORM FREE now! Has been for about two years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Savannah passed away on December 9, at the approximate age of 10 and a half.

    During her lifetime, she took on a job, went all over America, dipped her paws into the ocean, flew on a plane, rode on a train, ate in 5-star restaurants and slept in luxury hotels.

    She saved my life more times than I can count, and was a loving daughter to the very end. In many ways, Savannah saved my soul and humanity.

    I was the luckiest man in the world- I had eight years to spend with her.

    Thank you for everything. Without you, neither one of us would have ever had a shot at living a truly happy life full of love.

    ReplyDelete