THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NEW DOGWOOD TAKES FLIGHT

We are now officially residents of Waverly TN. Funny, I spent 18 years waiting for the day I could run from that place, and now 24 years later, here I am back again.
Honestly, I am enjoying it.
The sea of cardboard has begun to recede, and we are actually getting things under control as far as setting up house keeping. The babies are still adjusting, which I expect will take about a month.  They have never known any other home than the old Dogwood, and they still have to get used to the change in rooms and paths and where the kennels and the water dishes are.  But we haven't had any further escape attempts--mainly because I have took NO chances whatsoever with the lock being off the gate or anyone other than myself going in or out of it when the kids are outside or anywhere near the back door.
We met our new pet sitter yesterday, and she really impressed me with her knowledge and handling of the kids. Hines barked like a banshee, Charlie had a panic attack, Daisy jumped like jelly bean, and Lucy didn't care as long as a treat was administered in the end.   Carol just stood quietly and let them have their hissy fits, and when they saw she wasn't going to react, they all fell into line.
Ok--it was a short line--they had several rows of hissy fits in the forty five minutes Carol worked with them.
But at least I know they will be safe, and well watched while I am at work.
Still I would appreciate your prayers that God will keep angels on hand for both my kids and Carol as they learn each others ups and downs.
As a matter of fact--keep us all in your prayers--as we are all adjusting, and will need a little extra care from the Lord in or new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment