THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A PLEA TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS A NEW BEST FRIEND



In June, Better Half and I fostered a sweet baby through Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter, who snatched him from the grim reapers grasp at Animal Control and deposited him into the safe haven of Dogwood.   Because of his sweet floppy ears, we named him BUDDY RABBIT.
Buddy Rabbit stayed with us for most of that month, having suffered a bout of kennel cough that he caught during his time at the pound. But the day finally came and Buddy Rabbit was adopted by a family and began his second chance at a new life.
This morning, I was informed that Buddy Rabbits new life has ended, and that he is back in the custody of Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter. His new family, though loving, is moving and cannot take him with them. So pretty much, his new home of two months has shafted him--but if I start ranting about people who adopt dogs without thinking --I'll never stop--so on with the story.
I CAN'T adopt Buddy Rabbit. Even though we are moving to a 4 acre lot, I still will only have a small fenced in area for my four canine convicts and I will have my hands full trying to recondition them to their new surroundings. I simply cannot take on this plus a poor creature who is on his second go round of trying to find someone to love him forever.  I am more than sure he will have trust issues since he has pretty much been dumped at the pound, lived with us temporarily, adopted, and then dumped again.
PLEASE, if anyone can adopt BUDDY RABBIT, I would be forever grateful. The one good thing his last owners did was help him learn simple commands. He knows, sit, down, and stay. He was always such a good boy when I had him, and he got along with all of my bunch.
PLEASE, if you can help BUDDY RABBIT, contact Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter at MCFOTS@gmail.com or thru their Face Book page at "Montgomery County Friends of the Shelter".


3 comments:

  1. Brett, I am seeing more and more people on Craigslist giving away pets for free! New baby coming, moving, etc. All ignorant excuses in my book. My family has had plenty of human babys with newborns around! I have moved many times even overseas and took my pet with me. Nothing but taking the Lazy "Easy Way Out" in my opinion! GRRRRRRRR

    Skeeter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pets are not the only ones that people discard like garbage. Have you noticed the divorce rate? the number of kids living in a single parent household? Abandoned pets are a symptom of the disgraceful state of the culture...... and the "me-only me- always me FIRST and foremost" mindset of too many..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. Keep writing such kind of information
    on your page. Im really impressed by it.
    Hi there, You have done an excellent job.
    I'll definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends. I'm confident
    they will be benefited from this web site.

    my web-site male models

    ReplyDelete