THE EVOLUTION FROM PRINT TO BLOG

For two years, I wrote a newspaper column about the misadventures of the Dogwood pack. Our pack consists of my six dogs ,two cats, and me. We have the Queen and oldest, Lucy the Lab. Then there's my special Child, Charlie, a German Shepherd/lab mix who owns me. My rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines keeps us in check, while Italian grey hound/terrier mix Daisy destroys the furniture. Our sweet cat Pearl, who passed away in August of 2010 from complications brought on by Feline Leukemia, was a lone feline for her short five year existence. When she passed, orange long hair tabby kitty Bart, and Siamese Flame Point Sebastian moved into our hearts.



When we moved to a new town, I was unable to continue the columns, so we decided to stick our paws into the 21st century.
Since the move, TWO MORE sets of paws run the floors at Dogwood. Linus, a little black lab, and Squirt the Chi-Weenie.

Now that we have moved onto blog media, I will keep the mayhem of my fur kids adventures updated as they happen. I also want to post special needs animals and stories about shelters and people who are doing wonderful work for rescue. Since this is no longer edited or censored--you may see images that are a bit more shocking, and read copy that has a bit more venom--so be prepared. Thank you all for reading!!!!!!!!!



TO COMMENT: Write your comment in the open box and select ANONYMOUS. You can sign your name in your comment so we know who said what-LOL





Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All You need is LUB

Pictured: Sebastian cat and Daisy dog nap quietly together.

I thank God every day for my little family.
Without my mutt-ley crew, I truly wonder if I would be able to deal with the slings and arrows that life shoots at me on a daily basis. Nothing calms my brain or raises my spirits more than Dogwood kisses, which we call LUBBINS. I am so happy for those.
Not only am I thankful for their love, their warmth, their loyalty, and their undying devotion, but I am thankful for the fact that they all genuinely love each other and co-exist together as a family unit.
Lucy, my oldest, is the true Queen and Matriarch of our furry family. She watches over them, administers nightly cleaning (it's a tad on the wet side), and acts as if each one of her little charges were her own pups.
Charlie, my special child, is every body's big brother. He is one of the sweetest souls I have ever known, and he loves each and every one of his five brothers and sisters dearly.
My little rat terror (I mean terrier) Hines, is my little tough guy. Yes, he's small, but he can run with the big dogs--which he has proven every day for the past five years. Of his fellow canines and buddy felines, Charlie is his favorite. He looks up to his big brother, and his big brother loves it.
Crazy Daisy is every one's friend. This little sweet heart knows nothing but love, and every moment her little brown eyes is open is a moment for PLAY!  Though she is truly the child that bears watching, there is no malice or spite in her mischief. She has a heart of pure gold.
Little Bart the cat is another love bug--but he doesn't want anyone to know it. He waits until everyone is asleep in bed before he sneaks up to lie on my chest and rub his furry face in my hands.
Sebastian, the last to join our merry little band of misfits, is a walking, talking valentine of pure and unbridled affection. I could not sleep at night unless I felt that little furry presence snuggled into my arm, and those loving sandpaper licks that he lays across my face.
Then finally--there is the Better Half. Where of where would my life be today without my best friend, my soul mate, and my co-parent to this batch of furry felons??? That is truly a question that I hope I never have to answer.
Together, these eight heart beats fill our house with joy and love to create a special place that we call Dogwood.  We don't need fancy things, or tons of money to be happy.
All we need is "LUB".

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering when we were gonna get another dose of your wonderful writings! Love it!!!! Lubbins from our pack to your's brother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts to yours ALWAYS my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that picture! Hope to comment here more often. Looking forward to visiting the New Dogwood soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sebastian and Daisy

    ReplyDelete